Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker for Movingsnow.com.
Is This The Best Snow Blower For You?
Power Smart and Snow Devil Snow Blowers are sold in the U.S. by Amerisun Inc. Amerisun is headquartered in Buffalo Grove, Illinois and is the sole U.S. distributor and support center for Power Smart, Snow Devil and Lawn Devil outdoor power equipment. Amerisun states on their home page; “Amerisun is dedicated to providing dependable quality products focused on the highest level of customer satisfaction all at the lowest possible prices.”
Update: The 26 inch Snow Devil that Menard’s is advertising is the same this Power Smart snow blower listed on Amazon. Except the Snow Devil has cheap, no grip tires. Power Smart DB7651A 26-inch 208cc LCT Gas Powered 2-Stage Snow Thrower with Electric Start The ad states “colors may vary”. That means you may get the old model. That is listed here: Power Smart DB7651 26-inch 208cc LCT Gas Powered 2-Stage Snow Thrower with Electric Start
Update 2/14: From Amerisun (The corporation that imports The Snow Devil)
The Snow Devil engines are all pretested to ensure the highest level of quality and starting ability in cold weather applications. These units also come with a 2 year limited warranty and any repairs covered under warranty will be done at no charge to you. We have service center network surrounding Menards stores, and have spare parts inventory to service our warranty needs.
As a manufacturer, we want any snowblower that is giving a guest an issue to be taken into service so that we ensure that our mutual guests get their product fixed correctly, as well as having any technical questions answered about the snowblower. This ensures our guests operates correctly and lasts them the full life of the product, as intended. Please feel free to contact our customer support team at 1-800-791-9458 or email us at email@example.com if you have any additional questions regarding your purchase.
Update: Menard’s does not support this snow blower. You have to go to Amerisun for repairs and warranty work.
Menards return policy on gas powered equipment is listed here: http://www.menards.com/main/guest-services/return-policies/store-return-policy/c-3545.htm It states, “ (GP) Gas Powered items may be returned or exchanged within 30 days of purchase with a receipt if the item has not been used, in original package and no gas was put into the item. If items do not meet these rules, the guest must take to an authorized service center for repair. If not under warranty, repair is at guest’s expense. Returns, refunds, or exchanges must have a receipt.”
I have been in contact with Amerisun, but not Menard’s. If any of this information is not correct they are encouraged to respond in the comments below.
by: Paul Sikkema
The real prices of these snow blowers is about the same or more than the lower priced Craftsman, Sno-Tek, and Yard Man snow blowers. There are many websites advertising them for a lot less but the listed price does not include shipping to your home. By the time you get the snow blower to your door most of the time the Craftsman, Sno-Tek, and Yard Man snow blowers actually cost you less. At this time Lowes is the only retailer that will ship to a store.
Power Smart Snow Blowers, Great Deal or Great Ripoff? The reality is:
1. If you are using 100% Chinese labor the price is about right for these snow blowers.
2. If you are producing the snow blower using the most cost effective materials possible using Chinese factories the price is about right for these snow blowers.
3. If you only offer a 1 year limited warranty on your snow blower and have only one or two people answering the phone for warranty parts, the price is about right for these snow blowers.
4. If you do not include freight (ship by truck) in the advertised price, the price is about right for these snow blowers.
5. If you have a very small U.S. Service network and don’t need to pay U.S. wages for warranty work the price is about right for these snow blowers.
6. If you spec your engines to have less quality than the other brands the price is about right for these snow blowers.
7. If you leave the engine warranty to the engine manufacture the price is about right for these snow blowers.
8. The real prices of these snow blowers is about the same as the lower priced Craftsman, Sno-Tek, and Yard Man snow blowers. When you add in shipping, a better warranty, and a better service network the Craftsman and Sno-Tek snowblowers are a better value.
9. The Craftsman and Sno-Tek snowblowers have an extensive service and parts network. Amerisun does not. Craftsman, Sno-Tek, and Yard Man snow blower engines are serviced through their service networks. If you have a problem with the engine on a Power Smart you have to contact the engine manufacture (LCT) directly. Amerisun will not contact them for you.
In other words, you get what you PAY FOR! So the decision is simple. If you want the cheapest snow blower, if you don’t care if you can easily get it repaired, if you don’t care how long it will last. This is the snow blower for you.
At this time I am putting all Power Smart and Snow Devil Snow Blowers on my “Don’t Buy” list. I’m putting them on the list because of their limited service network and really short 1 year defects-only warranty.
Here are the low priced snow blowers I recommend instead:
To see all the current PowerSmart Snow Blowers go here: Power Smart Snow Blowers
I am not going to give Amerisun too hard of a time. In fact I like the people over at Amerisun. They are very willing to work with me and give me honest, straight answers. I feel they are a Chinese company trying their hardest to understand the U.S. consumer and they have made quite a few improvements in their snow blowers since we first saw them with the Menards Snow Devil in 2011.
Amerisun Inc. supports all Snow Devil and Lawn Devil products sold after 2011 by Menards stores. Snow Devil and Lawn Devil support information for models DB7651-26, DB5023, DB6806 and DB6902 can be found on our “Owners Center” page or contact us at 1-800-791-9458 or firstname.lastname@example.org for service, parts and warranty information.
Amerisun Inc. does not warranty the engine. For LCT gas engine related problems, engine parts and service information, please contact LCT (Liquid Combustion Technology) at 1-800-558-5402 or visit http://lctusa.com for additional information.
Here is a full list of the 2014 Power Smart Snow Blowers:
Use This Link To See The Best Deals: Power Smart Snow Blowers
24 in 208cc POWER SMART DB7651-24 $449
22 in 208cc POWER SMART DB7659-22 $418
22 in 208cc POWER SMART DB7659A-22 $448
24 in 208cc POWER SMART DB7659A-24 $468
24 in 208cc POWER SMART DB7659-24 $448
24 in 208cc POWER SMART DB7651A-24 $488
26 in 208cc POWER SMART DB7651-26 $478
28 in 208cc POWER SMART DB7651-28 $618
26 in 208cc POWER SMART DB7651A-26 $498
28 in 208cc POWER SMART DB7651A-28 $598
28 in 291cc POWER SMART DB7900A-28 $598
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.