The Troy-Bilt Storm Tracker 2890 Track is one of those snow blowers that you can’t get at your favorite big box store. Troy-Bilt dealers are getting so hard to find that you may not even know this model exists. But it does and one of the best track drive snow blowers around for the price. It is actually very easy to purchase and have delivered right to your house for free.
The Troy-Bilt Storm Tracker 2890 Track Model 31AH74P4766 is essentially a 28 inch, 277 cc Troy-Bilt Storm 2840, Cub Cadet Snow Removal 28 in. 277 cc Two-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower with Power Steering 2X 528 SWE or a Craftsman 28 In 277cc* Dual-Stage Snowblower w/ EZ Steer with tracks and an easy to use chute control.
This is a better snow blower than the Troy-Bilt XP Storm Tracker 2690 XP sold at the big box stores. The 2690 has too small of an engine for most of us.
What you may like:
- A track drive has the best traction under all conditions. With a simple lever you can adjust the front height for your cement drive, your gravel drive and scraping hard packed snow off your drive. With the lever you can raise the front off the ground for moving it from one drive to the next. This snow blower works particularly well for cleaning off your lawn for your dogs or cleaning snow off your skating rink out on the lake.
- The 3-point tracks are a big improvement over the older Troy-Bilt tracks. Internally it is the same bulletproof system that has been around for years.
- This snow blower uses the “quick chute” control like the Craftsman 88173. Three turns swing the chute from side to side. It is easier to use for most of us than the 4-way chute. It also has remote defector control.
- The 277 cc engine gives you plenty of power for most snows. The 277 cc is very economical on fuel.
- The heated hand grips work well on this snow blower.
- The price. Good Track Drives are expensive. This one at $1299 is a very affordable and a good residential value.
What you may not like:
- This snow blower will barely fit through a 32 inch door. If need to go through a side door to get outside measure the door first to make sure this machine will go through. (You need 30 inches with the door open)
- Track drives are awesome but they don’t go up steps. This snow blower is balanced well enough that you can go down steps, but not up them.
- Track drives don’t move well with the engine turned off. I actually have a furniture Mover’s Dolly that I place my track drives on in the summer so I can move them around the garage.
The best place to get this snow blower is through Northern Tool. Northern Tool will ship this snow blower for FREE nationwide. Northern Tool has a stellar reputation for getting the snow blower to you in perfect condition. Here is a typical review: “ shipped when available and received damage free – will buy again from northern tool ” I have been shopping there for many years and have never had an issue with their service. They are a great company to work with.
When you order from Northern Tool the snow blower will arrive in a shipping box. It will take you about 15 minutes to get it out of the box, raise the handles and install the discharge chute. You don’t need any tools but I do recommend a pliers to install the locking clip on the chute mounting pin. Oil is in it already – just gas and go.
Buy Here With Free Shipping!
- Touch ’n Turn® Power Steering
Just One Hand® Operation
Heated Hand Grips
Push Button Electric Start
- 3 SelecTrac Drive modes to shift the unit’s weight for optimum performance on hard-packed or icy snow and on gravel driveways
4.7″ x 15.8″ Snow Track Drive keeps 10″ of track on the ground at all times for maximum stability and traction
28″ clearing width
21″ intake height
12″ serrated steel auger
Deluxe adjustable and reversible skid shoes
2-year limited warranty
- Powerful 277cc 4-cycle engine
- Easy push-button start
- 12in. serrated auger
- 21in. intake height
- 200° extended poly chute rotation
- Track versus wheels for plowing deep terrain
- Six forward and two reverse speeds for easy maneuvering
- Quick Chute for easy rotation of poly chute
- Deluxe skid shoes for longer wear
- Reflective stripes for safety
- Oil included
Buy Here With Free Shipping! FREE SHIPPING – Troy-Bilt 28in. Electric-Start Snow Thrower – 277cc 4-Cycle Engine, Model# 31AH74P4766
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.