Husqvarna ST121E Review(2013 Model) 21 in 208cc Single-Stage Snow Blower
By: Paul Sikkema
Is This The Best Snow Blower For You? This Husqvarna ST121E may just take over the top single stage snow blower position from the Toro Power Clear 621 QZE for 2013. It has a larger motor, larger tires, LED lighting, electric start and all the features that makes it one of the easiest to use and best single stage snow throwers on the market. And to make it even better, it is over $100 less than the top rated Toro.
What you can use this snow blower for: Single stage snow throwers are designed for those of you that get 2 to 6 inches of snow at a time. They work best on hard surfaces like blacktop, sidewalks, patios and cement driveways. They don’t work well at all on gravel drives or in the back yard because they will pick up the rocks or grass and throw it with the snow. They are lighter than 2 stage snow blowers so you can lift them up and down steps. If you get more than 3 to 4 inches of snow regularly single stage snow throwers are not for you. If you have a gravel drive or if the city snowplow leaves huge hard packed piles of snow at the end of your drive single stage snow throwers are not for you.
What I Like:
- The ST121E has the highest intake height of all the single stage snow throwers. Other brands claim 13 in but they have obstructions in the top of the opening that restrict the snow.
- The wheels are the largest of all the single stage snowblowers. These large tires make it easier to move around.
- New high quality LED lighting. This lighting is bright and clear. These new lights will last much longer than halogen or incandescents. I have tried out the lighting and you will like it.
- Ergonomic Handle and Safety Bail. Handles. The safety/clutch lever wraps around the handle and is comfortable for even small hands. This is one of the best features of this snow thrower.
- Easy to use controls. All the the controls are large for gloved hands and easy to use. The chute rotation is very simple, smooth and has good positive indents. Like most single stage snow throwers the deflector is not remote controlled but does not move around when blowing heavy snow like some other brands.
- The 208cc LCT motor has plenty of power for this size. This LCT has a reputation as one of the best motors on the market. In fact the failure rate is almost non-existent. As long as you use fresh fuel or use a stabilizer in your fuel this motor will always be ready to work.
What you may not like: Because this snow thrower has a really large motor for a single stage unit it is a little heavier than the cheaper single stage unit on the market so it is harder to lift up steps or into the trunk of your car. Because it has the largest tires though it still is easy to move around.
You can easily order your new Husqvarna and have it shipped right to your home: Amazon is a safe reliable on-line company. Click Here To See Current Price, Order Online, Have it shipped for free to your home:
Northern Tool also carries the ST121E. Check their price plus shipping also.
If you would rather buy locally here is the link to find your local Husqvarna Dealers: [button link=”http://www.husqvarna.com/us/dealers/dealer-locator/” color=”orange” newwindow=”yes”] Husqvarna Dealer Locator[/button]
My local dealer is: Eau Claire Lawn Equipment
Be Careful! Online prices from “factory-direct discount” stores vary wildly and I have yet to find prices on the web cheaper for Snow Blowers than Amazon, Tractor Supply or Northern Tool. Northern Tool offers a reasonably priced extended warranty otherwise you will have to get service from a local authorized dealer so I suggest you go check out that dealer before you buy online from the discounters. (The dealer may just match the online price if you bring a printed copy. Don’t expect the dealer to take the shipping you would pay online off of her in-store price though)
Is This One Of The Best Rated Snow Blowers for 2012 – 2013? This Husqvarna snow blower is getting great reviews from the owners who need a powerful single stage machine. It is not the cheapest snow thrower in this size, but it does represent a great value machine.
Does This Get a Best Snow Blower Rating For 2012-2013? In the Good, Better, Best rating system this snow blower rates a “Best” for ease of use and the fact it is one of the most advanced single stage snow throwers out there. It has all the creature features available like remote chute, eletric start and LED lighting. It uses a strong LCT motor that has plenty of power for it’s 21 inch size. Don’t be afraid to buy this snow blower if it fits your needs.
Is This One Of The Best Snow Blowers for the Money 2012-2013? If you get lots of “dustings” and have a normal 2 car drive this is an excellent choice for you.
Customer Satisfaction: The Husqvarna ST121E has a reputation for moving snow quickly and efficiently. While the 2013 model has not been rated yet, the 2012 model gets great reviews. The LCT motor has had no issues in the past. The ST121E is reasonably priced for a homeowner and these value priced machines are designed to work well for years.
Value: This snow blower is part of the Husqvarna Homeowner line. It is a good value machine backed by Husqvarna! Husqvarna is building a solid reputation here in the U.S. as good, dependable snow throwers.
Service & Parts Availability: Service and parts are easily arranged through the company where you purchased it. Husqvarna uses Husqvarna dealerships to repair your snow blower
Ease Of Use: This is a very easy snow blower to use. Set the choke, push the primer bulb a few times and push the electric start. It only has two levers to control the machine and it operates as easily as your gas powered lawn mower. It is easier to use than most of the economy snow blowers. It is balanced well and the wrap around handles give you plenty of leverage.
If you get more than a few inches of nsow at a time, I suggest you look at the Craftsman 88691.
Key Features and Benefits: (from Husqvarna.com)
Compact and high-performing single stage snow thrower for drive ways and paths. Very easy to maneuver and an innovative remote chute rotator facilitates the direction of the snow. Strong SnowKing engine with electric start and a working width of 21 inches. Efficient LED lighting enables work in early mornings and late nights.
- Cylinder displacement 208 cc
- Gross Torque 9 lb-ft
- Drive System Auger
- Transmission Forward Speeds 1
- Tire size (rear) 8 x 2 “
- Blower type Single-stage
- Working width 21 inch
- Intake Height 13 inch / 33.02 cm
- Impeller Diameter 8 inch
- Electric start
- Handle type Ergo
- Remote Chute Rotation
- Tyre size, single axle 8×1.75 inch
- Tyre size 203.2 mm / 8 “
- Homeowner Warranty 2
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.