Is This The Best Snow Blower For You? This Husqvarna 924HV snow blower is one of the best 24 inch snow blowers on the market. It is not the cheapest 24 inch but is reasonably priced and for what you get is well worth the money. I classify it as an Value snow blower and is designed for 2 driveways about 4 cars long that get lots of snow. This snow blower will throw snow up to 40 feet. This Husqvarna 924HV snow thrower doesn’t care if you live in the city, suburbs, or country or get plowed in by the county snow plow. It will move a lot of snow.
What you can use this snow blower for: For Paved and Gravel surfaces. Moderate to wet and heavy snowfall. This snow blower will easily handle 12 inch snow falls. It will handle deeper snow falls well. The 12 inch impeller and high arc steel chute will put the snow where you want it. The six forward and two reverse speeds will let you go slow for the heavy stuff and faster for the lighter snows. This snow thrower has larger tires than most 24 inch snow blowers and are large enough to go out in your backyard and clean a patch of lawn for your dog. You will not have traction issues with this Husqvarna snowblower
What I Like:
- The 924HV has the highest intake height of all the 24 inch snow throwers. You probably won’t need to buy drift cutters to keep the edge of your driveway nice and neat.
- The tires are the largest of all the 24 inch snowblowers. These large tires give you the best traction.
- New high quality LED lighting. This lighting is bright and clear. These new lights will last much longer than halogen or incandescents.
- Wrap Around Handles. I normally wear a big heavy coat when I am blowing snow and I can’t tell you how many times I have cought the pockets of it with the handle of my snow blower when I am working in close quarters. These wrap around handles will keep you from getting your clothing caught.
- Easy to use controls. All the the controls are large for gloved hands and easy to use. The deflector, chute rotation and gear shift all have good positive indents. The chute and deflector do not move around when blowing heavy snow like some other brands.
- The 208cc LCT motor has plenty of power for this size. This LCT has a reputation as one of the best motors on the market. In fact the failure rate is almost non-existent. As long as you use fresh fuel or use a stabilizer in your fuel this motor will always be ready to work.
What I don’t like:
- I’ve had one of these at my disposal all last year and there are two things you should know.
- 1. When I first got the machine and used it for the first time on about 6 inches of snow it worked well…for about 50 feet. The drive quit pulling the snowblower forward. At the time I had another snowblower to test so I pulled it back to the garage. About a week later I used it again and it did the same thing. This time I removed the belt cover thinking a belt was loose….nothing. So I tipped it up on it’s nose, removed the wheels and then removed the transmission cover plate. I looked inside and could see nothing wrong at first. Finally I noticed a thin film of oil on the transmission drive plate. I wiped that off, reassembled the snow blower and used it to blow snow. It ran well…………for about 200 feet. I then went back, tore the trans apart again and this time cleaned the drive plate and drive wheel with degreaser. It must have been grease from when the snowblower was built that caused that issue.
- 2. Now I began to have the same issue again this spring. We had a few powder snows and each time the snow blower would work for 15 or 20 minutes and then the trans would start to slip. I had another snow blower so I didn’t look at it until later. Each time I could find nothing wrong. Finally I called up a Husqvarna Dealer I knew and asked them what could be wrong. Their response was immediate. There is a hole in the transmission case. It’s designed this way because the metal discharge chute is too wide and the engineers had to make room for it by cutting the case. When blowing powder snow the snow gets blown into the transmission case, gets the drive plate wet, and the snow blower stops moving. It’s a known problem, but there has not been an update or dealer solution. The dealer suggested putting duct tape loosely over the hole. It helps. but doesn’t fix the problem.
What you may not like: You can use this to clean you patio and deck but the steel skid shoes may scratch the surface. Don’t let the steel skids stop you though. Bill Raftery makes a set of roller skids that will keep you patio or stained concrete from getting scratched. Go here to read about them: Roller-Skids.
You can easily order your new Husqvarna and have it shipped right to your home: Amazon is a safe reliable on-line company. Click Here To See Current Price, Order Online, Have it shipped for free to your home:
Buy Here with free shipping @ Amazon Husqvarna 924HV 24-Inch 208cc SnowKing Gas Powered Two Stage Snow Thrower With Electric Start
Be Careful! Online prices from “factory-direct discount” stores vary wildly and I have yet to find prices on the web cheaper for Ariens Snow Blowers than Amazon, Tractor Supply or Northern Tool. Northern Tool offers a reasonably priced extended warranty other wise you will have to get service from a local authorized dealer so I suggest you go check out that dealer before you buy online from the discounters.
Is This One Of The Best Rated Snow Blowers for 2012 - 2013? This Husqvarna snow blower gets many great reviews from the owners who need a powerful machine for their normal sized drive. It is not the cheapest snow thrower in this size, but it does represent a great value machine.
Does This Get a Best Snow Blower Rating For 2012-2013? In the Good, Better, Best rating system this snow blower rates a “Better” for ease of use and the fact it is a value unit. It has all the creature features like 4 way chute controls but it does not have power steering. This will make it harder to turn for some on dry pavement, but with the large tires outweigh this problem because it has superior traction to any other 24 inch snowthrower. It uses a strong LCT motor that has plenty of power for it’s 24 inch size. Don’t be afraid to buy this snow blower if it fits your needs.
Is This One Of The Best Snow Blowers for the Money 2012-2013? If you get lots of snow or get 12 to 20 “inchers” but have a normal 2 car drive this is an excellent choice for you. have a larger than average driveway and need a larger, more powerful snow blower this is a great machine for the money.
Customer Satisfaction: The Husqvarna 924HV has a reputation for moving snow quickly and efficiently. While the 2013 model has not been rated yet, the 924HV gets great reviews. The LCT motor has had no issues in the past. I could only find one review where the owner could not get his motor started. The 924HV is reasonably priced for a homeowner and these value priced machines are designed to work well for years.
Value: This snow blower is part of the Husqvarna Homeowner line. It is a good value machine backed by Husqvarna! Husqvarna is building a solid reputation here in the U.S. as good, dependable snow throwers.
Service & Parts Availability: Service and parts are easily arranged through the company where you purchased it. Husqvarna uses Husqvarna dealerships to repair your snow blower
Ease Of Use: This is not the easiest snow blower to use because it does not have power steering. But it is easier to use than most of the economy snow blowers because it is balanced well and the wrap around handles give you plenty of leverage. They look higher than other brands but if you place the snow thrower next to a Craftsman, Ariens or Troy-Bilt you will see the handle height is the same.
If you think you may have a hard time using a snow blower, I suggest you look at a unit with power steering like the Craftsman 88691.
Key Features and Benefits: (from Husqvarna.com)
The Husqvarna Performance series snow throwers were developed with homeowners in mind who live in areas with moderate to heavy annual snowfall accumulation. With a heavy-duty auger housing and an aggressively serrated auger, you are ready for any storm mother nature delivers. Premium engines, precision controls and features focused on comfortable operation eliminate concerns about adverse weather conditions. Levers on the control panel adjust the direction and pitch of the snow discharge chute.
- Engine manufacturer LCT
- Cylinder displacement 208 cc
- Gross Torque 9 lb-ft
- Drive System Chain drive
- Transmission type Chain/Gear
- Transmission Forward Speeds Variable
- Transmission Reverse Speeds 2
- Tire size (rear) 16 x 4.8 “
- Blower type Two-stage
- Working width 24 inch
- Intake Height 23 inch / 58.42 cm
- Auger diameter 30.48 cm / 12 “
- Impeller Diameter 12 inch
- Electric start
- Progressive Stamped Auger
- Handle type Loop
- Headlight Flood
- Remote Chute Rotation
- Remote Deflector
- Heavy Duty Skids
- Single Hand Interlock
- Auger Ball Bearings
- Spare Shear Pins 6 pcs
- Tire size, single axle 16×4.8 inch
- Length 52 “
- Width 26 “
- Height 43 inch
- Weight 202 lbs
- Homeowner Warranty 2 years