Husqvarna 1830EXLT (2013 Model) Review (30″) 414cc Track Drive Hydrostatic Snow Blower
By: Paul Sikkema
Is This The Best Snow Blower For You? This Husqvarna 1830EXLT snow blower is one of the best 30 inch snow blowers on the market. It is not the cheap, but for what you get is well worth the money. I classify it as an Premium snow blower and is designed for large driveways or high traffic area that get lots of snow. This snow blower will easily throw normal snow 40 feet or more. This Husqvarna 1830EXLT snow thrower doesn’t care if you live in the city, suburbs, or country or get plowed in by the county snow plow. It will move a lot of snow.
Husqvarna sent me one of these to demo. I am glad they did because their literature and website does not show all the features that this snowblower has that makes it unique and one of the best snow blowers you can buy. This is a big, high capacity machine that has features you didn’t even know existed on snow blowers.
What you can use this snow blower for: For Paved and Gravel surfaces. Moderate to wet and heavy snowfall. This snow blower will easily handle 12 inch snow falls. It will handle deeper snow falls well. The high speed 12 inch impeller and high arc steel chute will put the snow where you want it. Infinite hydrostatic drive gives you complete control in forward and reverse so you can go slow for the heavy stuff and faster for the lighter snows. This snow thrower weighs a lot and has more traction than any snowblower with tires. You can go “offroading,” go out in your backyard and clean a patch of lawn for your dog. Of all the snowblowers on the market this machine will allow you to get in and out of a trailer easily. You can go up steep berms and driveways easily. Don’t forget to wear a set of spikes so you have enough traction yourself to keep up with this snow thrower. You will not have traction issues with this Husqvarna snowblower.
What I Like:
- The 1830EXLT has the highest intake height of all the 30 inch snow throwers. Plus it comes with tool-less, adjustable drift cutters to keep the edge of your driveway nice and neat.
- It has all the premium features. Heated handgrips, forward weight kit, LED lighting, remote chute, chute extensions and of course – 3 point hydrostatic track drive.
- Transport position. You can lift the snow thrower up and move it balanced on the tracks. It also has a “downforce” position on the lift so you get the maximum amount of down force for cleaning hard packed snow.
- The tracks are the largest of all the snowblowers. The large tracks and 3 point drive give you the best traction.
- Hydrostatic Transmission. Infinite forward and reverse. This is a heavy duty hydro designed to handle the extra force needed for the 3 point track drive.
- New high quality LED lighting. This lighting is bright and clear. These new lights will last much longer than halogen or incandescents.
- High speed serrated auger. This auger uses solid flighting running at a higher speed than most other snow blowers. This meters the snow going into the blower better so you get the maximum capacity without clogging.
- Easy to use controls. All the the controls are large for gloved hands and easy to use. The deflector, chute rotation and gear shift all have good positive indents. The chute and deflector do not move around when blowing heavy snow like some other brands. The chute has extensions to hold the snow longer so you don’t get as much blow-back into your face.
- The 414cc LCT motor has plenty of power for this size. This LCT has a reputation as one of the best motors on the market. In fact the failure rate is almost non-existent. As long as you use fresh fuel or use a stabilizer in your fuel this motor will always be ready to work.
What you may not like: You can use this to clean you patio and deck but the steel skid shoes may scratch the surface. Don’t let the steel skids stop you though. Bill Raftery makes a set of roller skids that will keep you patio or stained concrete from getting scratched. Go here to read about them: Roller-Skids.
You can easily order your new Husqvarna and have it shipped right to your home:
The Husqvarna 1830EXLT is not carried on line by most retailers. They carry the 27 in version and you can buy right from Husqvarna through Amazon.
Amazon is a safe reliable on-line company. Click Here To See Current Price, Order Online, Have it shipped for free to your home:
Northern Tool also carries the 1827EXLT. Check their price plus shipping also.
Buy Here: I am going to recommend the 27 inch version over the 30. It goes through tight spaces better and is just a little easier to use.
Your local Husqvarna Dealer will carry this model: [button link="http://www.husqvarna.com/us/dealers/dealer-locator/" color="orange" newwindow="yes"] Husqvarna Dealer Locator[/button]
Be Careful! Online prices from “factory-direct discount” stores vary wildly and I have yet to find prices on the web cheaper for Husqvarna Snow Blowers than Amazon, Tractor Supply or Northern Tool. Northern Tool offers a reasonably priced extended warranty other wise you will have to get service from a local authorized dealer so I suggest you go check out that dealer before you buy online from the discounters.
My local dealer is: Eau Claire Lawn Equipment
Is This One Of The Best Rated Snow Blowers for 2012 - 2013? This Husqvarna snow blower gets many great reviews from the owners who need a powerful machine. It is not the cheapest snow thrower in this size, in fact it is one of the most expensive, but it does represent a great value machine.
Does This Get a Best Snow Blower Rating For 2012-2013? In the Good, Better, Best rating system this snow blower rates a “Best” for ease of use and the fact it is a premium unit. It has all the creature features and almost anyone can use this machine. It is a big, heavy machine but you drive it using the handle mounted controls so anyone who can walk behind it can use it. Don’t be afraid to buy this snow blower if it fits your needs.
Is This One Of The Best Snow Blowers for the Money 2012-2013? If you get lots and lots of snow, have to clean high traffic areas where the snow gets packed down, if you have traction issues with your current snow blower or have a lot of area to blow snow this is one of the best choices for you. It is expensive, but well worth the money if you need the high capacity and track drive.
Customer Satisfaction: The Husqvarna 1830EXLT has a reputation for moving snow quickly and efficiently. While the 2013 model has not been rated yet, the 1830EXLT gets great reviews. These machines are designed to work well for years.
Value: This snow blower is part of the Husqvarna Crown Series line. It is a high value machine backed by Husqvarna! Husqvarna is building a solid reputation here in the U.S. as good, dependable snow throwers.
Service & Parts Availability: Service and parts are easily arranged through the company where you purchased it. Husqvarna uses Husqvarna dealerships to repair your snow blower.
Ease Of Use: This is one of the easiest snow blower to use because has power steering. Heated hand grips. Big, gloved sized controls, extended chute, LED lighting all create a simple, easy to use snowblower.
Key Features and Benefits: (from Husqvarna.com)
Premium “Crown Series” dual-stage units with a heavy-duty auger, high-speed impeller, heated handles and a standard LED headlight for greater visibility in less than favorable conditions. Track drive provides better traction with a unique tread pattern to reduce rolling vibrations. A heavy-duty hydrostatic transmission provides the power to get through deeper snow drifts.
- Engine manufacturer LCT
- Engine type Snow King OHV
- Cylinder displacement 414 cc
- Gross Torque 18 lb-ft
- Drive System Heavy-duty hydro
- Transmission type Hydrostatic
- Transmission Forward Speeds Infinite
- Transmission Reverse Speeds Infinite
- Blower type Two-stage
- Working width 30 inch
- Intake Height 23 inch / 58.4 cm
- Auger diameter 30.5 cm / 12 “
- Impeller Diameter 12 inch
- Electric start
- Power steering
- Progressive Stamped Auger
- Heavy Duty Auger Housing
- Hand Warmers
- Remote Chute Rotation
- Remote Deflector
- Drift cutter
- High Speed Impeller
- Heavy Duty Skids
- Weight Bar
- Single Hand Interlock
- Auger Ball Bearings
- Deflector Extension
- Spare Shear Pins 6 pcs
- Length 52″
- Width 32″
- Height 43 inch
- Weight 341 lbs
- Homeowner Warranty 2